- Organisation and Board of the Barents Institute
- Research Fellows in residence at the Barents Institute
- Aileen Espíritu - Senior Research Fellow at the Barents Institute
- Fujio Ohnishi - Visiting Research Fellow at the Barents Institute
- Victoria Tevlina - Senior Research Fellow at the Barents Institute
- Master of Art research projects
- Barents Institute Visiting Professorships
- Urban Wråkberg - Research Director of the Barents Institute
The executive staff of the Barents Institute consists of two experts:
research director Urban Wråkberg and administrative manager Svein Helge Orheim.
Research Director Urban Wråkberg
Apart from the executive duties in running the institute, he develops its research agenda and its international and Barents networks based on more than two decades of professional experience of research and field studies in the Barents Region, the Sub and High Arctic and in Antarctica. He does research as member of the European Science Foundation Eurocores programme Boreas: Histories from the North: Environments, Movements, Narratives, for which he has a funding from the Norwegian Research Council. Read more
Administrative Manager Svein Helge Orheim
Based on two decades of professional experience from the educational, research & developments sectors of northern Norway, Orheim furthers the regional cooperation and out-reach of the institute. He is in charge of the economic administration and the logistics of the institutes.
E-mail: svein at barinst.no
Svein Helge Orheim, with Kirkenes in the background.